The Manse Inn​

Picton, Ontario

This building (circa 1905) was the former manse (minister’s house) for the Picton United Church. The stone and concrete block structure was completely restored to its former glory. A new wrap-around porch terminates at the new entrance portico, also serving as a second-story deck. The additions, including a fire exit stairwell are designed to complement and enhance the original architecture. The former bedrooms have been converted into eight guest suites with fireplaces, while the main floor living spaces accommodate a new dining room, library and kitchen. The basement stone foundation walls have been restored and are partially revealed in the spa and tasting room.

Area: 5,700 sf
Status: Completed 2012

 

Project Sheet:

The Manse Inn

 

Photographer:

Daniel Vaughan

© Copyright 2001 Lapointe Architects